People, Places & Organizations I love & would love to share with you. . .
This page is always evolving as I travel and grow, so I hope you’ll visit often. . . Enjoy!
Link of the week: Save Our Springs Alliance Growing up in Lake Charles, LA where I couldn’t swim in the waters due to pollution from the many petrochemical industries that inhabited the banks of our lakes and river, I have come to give daily thanks for the clean, fresh waters that spring up from the earth in Central TX. SOS is dedicated to keeping the waters of the Edwards Aquifer clean and protected for present and future generations to celebrate!
The Well of Wellness. . .
Places and People I love that create, inspire & encourage & help to nurture body and soul. . .
- Barton Springs Pool. Heaven. On. Earth. 68 degrees year round and ⅛ mile long. The Heart of Austin Texas.
- Curve of My Life. Robin Green-Tilly- Life Coach, Artist. Amazing woman, amazing wisdom and what amazing results I’ve gotten through our work together.
- Rochelle Poulson Massage Therapy. My dear friend Ro is a profound healer. We have presented workshops on yoga, wellness and massage together over the years with our collaboration “Confluence Bodywork.”
- Body Mind Spirit Massage Therapy. Amy Fletcher is a dear friend who is also a powerful body-worker here in Austin who is trained in many practices of massage and specializes in Cranio-Sacral work. . . Divine!
- Black Swan Yoga. Donation based AWESOME studio in central Austin. Guaranteed to bring you both detox and peace of mind/body/spirit. . . And what a beautiful community!
- Love Yoga Coop. Beautiful South-Austin yoga space where people gather in a beautiful room under some of Austin’s most enormous live-oak trees. Also donation based and filled with the nectar of love and intention.
- Austin Kula Yoga. “Kula” Means “Community” in sanskrit and these folks know how to make it happen. Family based, community events and yoga classes. Kula is awesome.
I love delicious, healthy & creatively prepared food & wines. . . Here are a few of my recent faves. . .
- Uchi. My favorite restaurant on planet earth. Japanese with a french-twist. Absolute art for the mouth. Great wine and sake offerings. . . (Sustin, TX)
- Anapurna Chai House & Ayurvedic Cafe. Inspiration! Food for your Dosha (costitution). Delicious, consciously prepared vegetarian Indian food tailored for ideal health. (Albuquerque & Santa Fe, NM)
- House Wine. Relaxed, lovely wine-drinking spot right near Barton Springs. Great wines, lovely music, awesome energy. (Austin, TX)
- Seafood Palace. My favorite gumbo destination in Lake Charles, LA. YUM
- Tara Winery. Sweet East Texas Winery, Venue, Bed & Breakfast and get-away.
- Summer Moon Coffee. Best Coffee. And the Moon Milk? divine. (Austin, TX)
- Uncorked. Delicious food, amazing, ever changing wine list with beautiful flights. Fun patio with a great view of downtown Austin, TX.
- Curra’s Grill. Avocado Margaritas. Amazing Mole. YUM. (Austin, TX)
- The Canyon / Arches National Parks of Utah. Millions of years of canyon formation, feels like you’re hiking on Mars. Put it toward the top of your “before I die” list.
- Natchitoches, Louisiana. The oldest settlement in the Louisiana Purchase- a magical place full of history, old southern beauty and magic.
- Lake Powell. Canyons filled with crystal clear water. Unbelievable and breathtaking from every angle.
- Patronism. Most authentic way to connect fans and musicians. No Middle man. Fans have access to musician’s complete works including unreleased material, demos et more and pay what they feel/can monthly . It works. From $2 -$50/month patrons are supporting musicians to make a basic living so they can continue to creating the music that feeds the heart and soul of each fan.
- Origin Magazine. New awesome magazine featuring yoga, art, music culture and all that champions the magic of the human spirit. I was recently published in their Summer publication!
- Alice Walker’s Blog. This is the place I go when I feel I need to connect with soul wisdom. Alice Walker, my favorite author and someone I like to consider my “soul mama.”
- Global Community Monitor. Led by one of my dear friends and all time heroes, Denny Larson, GCM plays an active role advocating for citizens rights and environmental justice across the world.
- Save Our Springs Alliance. Dedicated to protecting the waters of the Edwards Aquifer. We LOVE SOS!
- Louisiana Bucket Brigade. My heroes. Doing their best to bring justice to the people of Louisiana whose lives and health are affected by big industry’s negligence.