Colonna grew up in a Southwest Louisiana working class home of Italian and Cajun ancestry and has been performing since 1997. She has released five critically acclaimed studio albums and a live album and DVD recorded in the legendary Antone’s in Austin, Texas – her home since 2000.
Since early accolades, such as being named the “Best Singer Songwriter in Austin” by the Austin American-Statesman and called “Best New Artist” by Jody Denberg (formerly KGSR, now KUTX), Wendy has toured nationally and internationally. She’s the winner of multiple songwriting contests including Indiegirl, Int’l Acoustic Music Awards, 100% Music, Mid-Atlantic Songwriting Contest, Independent Music Songwriting Contest, and International Acoustic Music Award, and the grand prize winner in Famecast Talent Competition. She has been a National Association for Campus Activities (NACA) National Showcasing Artist. Additionally Colonna’s music has been featured in Central Texas Time Warner Cable ads and on John Platt’s “On Your radar” series on WFUV, NYC. The City of Austin honored Wendy by proclaiming April 26, 2012 “Wendy Colonna Day.”
On top of keeping a busy schedule, touring the U.S. and internationally, Wendy is also an avid yoga practitioner, athlete and community leader.
Touring the US and internationally as both headliner and support act for great artists like Jeff Buckley, Tony Joe White, Mavis Staples, Trombone Shorty, Los Lobos, Marcia Ball, Asleep at the Wheel, Bob Schneider, Collective Soul, Ed Kowalczyk (Live), Edgar Winter, Delbert McClinton & more.
Awards & More
- SXSW Official Showcasing Artist 2014
- Nectar selected among 2013 Top Albums in Austin Chronicle, Austin American Statesman, KLBJ FM & Rootstime Magazine
- NACA National Showcasing Artist
- “Best Singer Songwriter” in Austin, TX (Austin American Statesman)
- WFUV (NYC) featured artist for “On Your Radar” Series
- Winner of multiple songwriting contests including Indiegirl, Int’l Acoustic Music Awards, 100% Music, Mid-Atlantic Songwriting Contest, “Best Adult Contemporary Song” In 100% Music Songwriting Contest
- “Best New Artist” – KGSR
- Songwriter of the year nominee for Offbeat Magazine (NOLA)